In March 2020, while incarcerated in Wende Correctional Facility in Western New York during the coronavirus pandemic, Former Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for coronavirus. Therefore, According to Michael Powers, president of New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association, he is now in isolation.
About Harvey Weinstein:
Harvey Weinstein is an American former movie producer and a convicted sex offender. Therefore, He established the Miramax Films Corporation with his brother, Bob in 1979.
|Birth Name||Harvey Weinstein|
|Age||68 years old|
|Profession||Former Hollywood Producer|
|Parents||Max and Miriam Weinstein|
|Married/ Wife||Chilton Weinstein (1987-2004)|
Georgina Chapman (2007-2017)
|Net Worth||$200 million (in 2020)|
Weinstein was born on 19 March 1952 in Queens, New York. He is the older son of Max Weinstein and Miriam Weinstein. Therefore, He graduated from the State University of New York at Buffalo in 1973. Furthermore, Harvey purchased a theatre in downtown Buffalo, where he began airing concert films. Therefore, Weinstein is 68 years old.
Therefore, In 1979, the Weinstein brothers founded the Miramax Films Corporation, named after their parents. In 2005, Miramax and Bob departed to found The Weinstein Company.
The King’s Speech (2010), The Artist (2011) both claimed the best picture honors at Academy Awards. Silver Linings Playbook (2012), The Butler (2013) and Lion (2016) also found receptive audiences.
Furthermore, Again in late 2013, Weinstein brothers reunited with Miramax through a co-production and co-distribution deal.
Therefore, Harvey Weinstein has been married twice. However, He married his assistant Eve Chilton in 1987 and divorced in 2004. Furthermore, They had three daughters; Remy, Emma, and Ruth. Again in 2007, he married English fashion designer and actress Georgina Chapman. Moreover, They have a daughter (India Pearl) and a son (Dashiell). Furthermore, In 2018, Chapman and Weinstein divorced after the sexual harassment accusations.
- Therefore, Weinstein was found guilty of sexual assault and rape and sentenced to 23 years in prison.
- Moreover, Before entering Wende, Weinstein had spent time at Rikers Island, a prison in New York City and a hospital where he was treated for heart problems and chest pains.
- Furthermore, Harvey was found guilty of committing a first-degree criminal sexual act against production assistant Miriam Haley in 2006 and third-degree rape of aspiring actress Jessica Mann in 2013.
- However, Dozens of women have come in front with allegations of sexual misconduct, including rape against Harvey Weinstein since October 2017.
- However, His lawyers have vowed to appeal against this conviction.