Who is Billy Porter?
Billy Porter is a singer, writer, actor, theatre performer, and director. He is the winner of Grammy Award for the best musical theatre album for Kinky Boots in 2014. Porter has become visible in numerous television shows, plays, and films. He is also the recipient of Tony Award, Outer Critics Award, and Drama Desk Award.
|Birth Name||Billy Porter|
|Birthplace||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Height||5 ft 9 inch|
|Parents||Father: William E. Porter and Mother: Chlorinda Jean Johnson Ford|
|Married/ Husband||Adam Smith|
|Siblings||Mary Martha Ford|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
Billy Porter: Career
Billy Porter played in the Broadway revival of Grease in 1994. He has been in other shows; Top dog/Underdog at City Theatre, Jesus Christ Superstar and Dreamgirls at Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera, the song cycles Myths and Hymns and songs for a New World at Off-Broadway in 1995. Porter wrote and performed in his one-person autobiographical show, Ghetto Superstar (The man that I’m ) at Joe’s Pub in New York City in 2005 in February and March. Porter appeared as Belize in Signature Theatre Company’s 20th-anniversary production of Tony Kushner’s Angels America in September 2010. In 2013 Porter played the role of “Lola” in Kinky Boots. He won both Drama Desk award for outstanding actor in Musical and Tony Award for best actor in a musical in 2013.
Furthermore, He wrote the play While I Yet Live in September 2014. He released Billy Porter presents the Soul of Richard Rodgers in April 2017.
- Billy Porter (DV8/A&M Records): 1997
- At the corner of Broadway & Soul (Sh-K-Boom Records): 2005
- Billy’s Back on Broadway (Concord Music Group): 2014
- Billy Porter performed the Soul of Richard Rodgers (Masterworks Broadway): 2017
- What is Time/ Show me: 1997
- Awaiting You/ Time (Live): 2005
- Edelweiss: 2017
- Love Yourself: 2019
- Songs on Tribute Album It’s Only Life (John Bucchino’s song)
- Myths and Hymns (Adam Guettel’s album)
- In the cover of That’s What Friends Are For ( produced by Nathan Leigh and directed by Michael Akers)
- Love is on the way on the first wives which is club album
- Destiny with Jordan Hill greatest hits album of Jim Brickman
- Where is Love? With Liz Callaway
- Only One Road on Love Rocks which is a compilation album
Porter presented at various venues in New York City which were broadcast on PBS in 2015 and Joe’s Pub in New York City.
- Tony Awards Best Actor Title in “ Kinky Boots” in 2013
- Grammy Award for “Kinky Boots” for best Musical album in 2014
Is Billy Porter Married? Gay
Billy Porter is a married man. Porter and Adam Smith wedded on 14 January 2017. Thus, the porter’s orientation is gay. He has black hair with black eyes and belongs to black ethnicity.
Wiki, Bio, Age, Nationality, and Education
Billy Porter was born on September 21, 1969, to his father William E. Porter and mother Clorinda Jean Johnson Ford. He was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; United States. He has a sister, Mary Martha Ford. Hence, Billy is now 51 years old. He holds an American Nationality. He attended the College of Fine Arts, where he graduated with B.F.A. in Drama. Furthermore, a famous theatre performer also earned a certificate from the graduate-level Professional Program in screenwriting at the University of California. Moreover, his zodiac sign is Virgo. Besides this, he is currently living in Los Angeles, USA. Porter is 5 ft 9 inch tall with weight 70kg. his body measurement is 40-30-32 with biceps 13.5 inches. He wears a shoe of 10 UK size. He is not tattooed yet.
How much is Billy Porter Net Worth?
He has achieved success working in the Broadway and has appeared in numerous films and TV Shows. As a singer, he released 4 albums. Entertainment Industry is his main source of income.
As of 2020, his net worth is estimated at around $4 million.
Did You Know?
- He has appeared in the franchise of reality television dance show” So You Think You Can Dance”
- He has a voice role and ensemble in 1997 from Anastasia.
- Billy appears in the best Hollywood movies.
- Porter welcomes the American Horror Story series for Cameo.
- Meanwhile, he works for the Ali Forney Center for the LGBT.